We hope you and your family are healthy and safe!
Tays PTSA will be holding our General Membership meeting on Thursday, May 18, 2020 at 10:00am. Due to current social distancing, our meeting platform will be on Zoom. All members must register by May 13, 2020.
CURRENT 2019/2020 PTA MEMBERS:
Attendees MUST register to attend, to allow the PTA to verify their membership. Once your PTA membership has been verified, Tays PTSA will send you an email. This email will include instructions on how to join the meeting. Each member must register separately with their own unique email address.
A non member can register, and be approved to attend as a guest. However, only members can vote on PTA business.
JOIN the 2019/2020 PTA:
If you are not a current 2019/2020 PTA member please go to www.joinpta.org; select Katy ISD under the school district, and select Tays PTSA under the PTA. Please take a screenshot of the completed registration or receipt, and email it to email@example.com . If you are joining we must have the screenshot or receipt 5 days prior to the meeting in order to be eligible to vote. The deadline to become a member and register is May 13th to ensure eligibility to vote at the May 18th meeting.
The meeting will open approximately 15 minutes prior to the start time. In order to be accepted, you MUST have your first and last name in the profile so we are able to accept you into the meeting. If we can not verify the name, you will not be admitted.
May 13th- Google Form Registration ENDS (NO EXCEPTIONS)
May 18th - General Membership Meeting at 10:00am via Zoom
- The chair gives the chance to speak to every member who wishes it. Pro and con speakers should be given alternating opportunities to speak, if possible, and all speakers should tactfully be kept to rules of order and to the question.
- Each member has two opportunities to speak to the motion. A member may exercise his or her first opportunity to speak and, then, after every other member has the chance to speak, may speak only once more.
- All statements must be addressed to the chair and not to another member.
- The chair recognizes a member who has not previously spoken to the motion in preference to one who has spoken.
- The chair does not enter into discussion. Should the President wish to debate, the chair must ask the Vice President to preside. He or she does not resume the chair until after the final disposition of the question under discussion. The President may vote when the vote would change the outcome (to make or break a tie) or when the voting is by ballot.
- Debate continues until no one wishes to speak or until someone moves to close debate.
- Members cannot close debate by shouting, “Question.” A member must seek recognition and make the motion properly and requires a 2/3 vote to pass. (“I move the previous question.”)
Please register with the following link. https://forms.gle/fu26xFSQ8SxyVUd78
Tays Junior High PTSA